Preparation Time: 5mins
Cooking Time: 25mins
Total Time: 30 mins
1 cup cooked basmati rice
1-2tbsp.sesame oil or sunflower
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 whole red dry chilli
1 tsp green chilli finely chopped
½ inch finely chopped ginger
A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
½ cup curry leaves
¼ tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp. peanuts
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1. In a pan heat oil, first roast the peanuts and set them aside.
2. In the same oil, add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds begin to crackle, add uraddaal, red dried chilli, green chilli, ginger, pinch of hing& curry leaves. Sauté on low flame.
3. Add turmeric and sauté slightly.
4. Now add the cooked rice, peanuts and salt as per taste.
5. Mix well turning around the rice few times
6. Now add lemon juice & mix well.
7. Serve hot
Cashews can also be added along with peanuts.
Packed with vitamin B1,B3, C, magnesium & phosphorous.
Simple, filling & healthy.