- Preparation Time: 1 hour
Baking Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr. 50 mins
- 1 large cup wheat flour
- 1 large cup Maida
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- Less than Half tbsp. baking soda
- 2/3 banana
- 1 cup jaggery powder
- Vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven at 160 C.
- Take 1 cup wheat flour and 1 cup Maida together in a sieve and sieve it properly for 2/3 times.
- Keep this sieved mixture in one large bowl.
- Now take cocoa powder and baking soda together in sieve and sieve it properly 2/3 times.
- Now add this mixture of baking soda and cocoa powder in your flour mixture
- Mix it properly
- Now add jaggery powder and water in it and mix it properly. (Don’t add excess water as you need to see the consistency so add water little by little)
- Mix the mixture properly and see that there are no lumps.
- After making the mixture of proper consistency add 1 tbsp. vinegar and 1 tbsp. vanilla essence in it.
- Again mix it properly. Now add ½ small cup of oil for better consistency.
- Mix all this mixture properly and keep aside
- Meanwhile take 2/3 bananas. Peel them and grind them in the grinder and make smooth paste of it.
- Add this banana puree (see that there are no lumps) in your cake mixture and mix it properly.
- Now take the baking pan and grease it with oil and sprinkle some flour in it.
- Pour your mixture on the pan and spread it evenly.
- Tap the pan twice after pouring the mixture to remove the air bubbles.
- Bake your cake for 45 to 50 mins at 160 C.
- Once done take a knife and insert it in the middle to check if baked properly or not. (The knife which you have inserted should come out clean).
- Let it cool and then flip the cake and again let it cool.
- Once cooled cut the cake in pieces
- You can even frost the cake if you want.